[AT] OT--string trimmers

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Mon Jun 23 05:57:23 PDT 2008

I've got a straight-shaft Husqvarna trimmer that's three or four years
old.
It has been a good-running machine since it was new, but started running
stupid the last time I used it - rough at high rpm and wouldn't idle at
all.

On the previous two-stroke thread someone mentioned using Sea Foam.  I
use
that stuff in the tractors and had a bottle on the shelf so I figured
what
can it hurt to try?  I added a half ounce to the trimmer tank and topped
it
off with fuel.  It didn't really want to start, but once it did was back
running normally within just a few minutes of use, and was back to its
old
habit of one-pull restarts after being warmed up.

Thanks to whoever it was that mentioned using Sea Foam in the
two-strokers.

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416