[AT] OT--string trimmers

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 21 12:11:17 PDT 2008

It also matters how you STORE your equipment.  My FIL keeps everything
in the bed of his pickup, parked outside.  His trimmer and chainsaw is
often outdoors for weeks at a time.  They don't last either.

When I was a poor college student, I had a Homelite XL12 that I used for
odd jobs.  It used junk oil and gas and lived in the trunk of my car.
It was probably 20 years old when it died, had very little compression
(had to wait for it to stop spinning if it didn't start on the first
pull).  But I could cut a load of wood in an hour on one tank of gas.
It finally threw a rod or something at full throttle, best blowup I've
ever had, but it had earned it's keep 100's of times.  But those used
16-1 mix and were NOT precision, pro grade equipment.