[AT] Pressure drop?

Dudley Rupert drupert at premier1.net
Tue Jan 29 21:50:44 PST 2008

The following site contains a table that will answer the question (assuming
the table is correct) -

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/compressed-air-pressure-loss-d_1014.html

For example, it looks like for a 1/2" pipe with 10 SCFM of air flowing
through it @100PSI the drop is 0.4 psi for every 100 feet of pipe.

Like Dean said in a post a few minutes ago electricity and airflow behave a
lot alike.  Voltage drop is the easier to calculate however.  For example,
if you double the amount current through a wire you simply double the
voltage drop between the ends of the wire (Ohms Law).  From the table above,
however, it looks like air pressure drop in a pipe is more complicated to
compute; that is, it cannot be computed by a simple (linear) expression of a
couple of variables ... maybe with some regression analysis and fancy curve
fitting one could come with a polynomial for computing air pressure drop.

Dudley
Snohomish, Washington