[AT] Spam> Was: (OT)Neat jack idea,, Now: lawsuits for stupidity

Alan Nadeau ajnadeau1 at verizon.net
Mon Jan 14 09:17:29 PST 2008

Not trying to dump your SIL, Larry, but this sounds like a case of stupidity
causing a loss and the survivors trying to make money off the manufacturer.
If you aren't bright enough to rig a jackstand right you shouldn't be
working on a vehicle under it nor being rewarded for terminal dumb!

 And because the suit is between poor dumb Joe's survivors and a
manufacturer the jury will make a sympathy award and it will be one more
reason for insurers to raise the product liability rates for everyone.

Sorry to be blunt but that's my take on so many "defective product" claims.
If I should kill myself doing something dumb and my heirs sue somebody for
it I hope I can find a way to come back to haunt them!