[AT] Neat jack idea

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Jan 13 20:04:58 PST 2008

If you still have one with the wooden handle, then it is the best made
one, old enough to be built!  I have used them for many years, now I use
a forklift or have a winch truck handy.  I bought 15 of them many years
ago that the State Wildlife dept had used in their game warden trucks.
We rebuilt a bunch of them.  If you wrapped the Jack in an oily burlap
sack and then with a plastic bag, it would work fine.  In a pinch you
can pee on the spring mechanism and it will work. I never worried about
lowering anything, because as soon as it went down 3 slots, it fell.
Usually just backed or drove off of it.
Baxter Black did a great routine on one of them years ago.  It was so
true and so funny at the time I almost fell out of the seat laughing.

Cecil in OKla