[AT] OT Chevy engine ID?

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Fri Jan 11 12:48:20 PST 2008

That reminds me.  There was a logger near here that  ran C70 Chevy tractors
to pull his log trailers.  Those engines were set up from the factory to max
out about 5,000 rpm if I remember right.
Well this guys son was a hotrod mechanic and he rebuilt the engines for his
dads log trucks.   I never rode in one of them to see the tach but some of
the guys told me he had them turning about 6,500.  He had dual stacks run up
the back of the cab made from relatively small pipe. You should have heard
those things scream.  They sure did sound good.

Charlie