[AT] OT - Satellite Internet

Irma Brown bellville1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 09:43:22 PST 2008

 I think you will be happy with Hughesnet until you have to call tek
support. Then you have a hard time communicating with those guys.  There is
what is called FTA ,free access policy, I download music, large programs,
ect. Right after we got it I maxed it out and we went back to a very slow
speed for 24 hours. Now we were not told of this upon sign up, so we had no
idea what was happening. I think it must have taken about 4 hours with tek
support to find out what was going on. I do keep up with how much I download
now in a 24 hour period. There is a period of time from 2:00 AM till 5:00 AM
when you can download as much as you want. I have stayed up till that time
if I had something I thought would run me over the line. After you get set
up there will be a hughesnet page explaning all this and where you can check
your download speed. . You won't see this page until they have your money.
They will charge you extra to set a post to after they get to your house.
Just a few of the down side things with them. All and all otheer than that
you will get good service most of the time.
Irma
Western, KY
http://picasaweb.google.com/bellville1
http://members.tripod.com/~DairyGoats/index.html