[AT] price of beef

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 23 10:52:04 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Frank Vantacich" <rustymetal at sbcglobal.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:17 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] price of beef

> DITTO!!!!!! We're getting our first taste of home grown beef, much more
> tender and tastier than store bought.  The neighbor and I are rasing two
> more, they'll be ready for slaughter come this Sept.
>
> carl gogol <cgogol at twcny.rr.com> wrote:  I paid $1.60/Lb. hanging to our
> local farmer. Costs an additional $.44/Lb.
> to cut, grind and vacuum pack. Had anything less than the best cuts or
> roast or steak ground. Havn't had beef this good since leaving the farm
> about 40 years ago. You can't believe how much better it tastes than the
> supermarket meats.

Sounds about right. I guess in my sheltered life I have hardly ever tasted
store bought beef that I can recall so don't know what I am missing. Growing
up on a farm the menu consisted of home grown and butchered beef, pigs and
chickens. Store bought weiners or boloney was a rare treat. :-)

Ralph in Sask.