[AT] price of beef

Frank Vantacich rustymetal at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 23 10:17:19 PST 2008

DITTO!!!!!! We're getting our first taste of home grown beef, much more tender and tastier than store bought.  The neighbor and I are rasing two more, they'll be ready for slaughter come this Sept.

carl gogol <cgogol at twcny.rr.com> wrote:  I paid $1.60/Lb. hanging to our local farmer. Costs an additional $.44/Lb.
to cut, grind and vacuum pack. Had anything less than the best cuts or
roast or steak ground. Havn't had beef this good since leaving the farm
about 40 years ago. You can't believe how much better it tastes than the
supermarket meats. We took half of one the steers we grazed for him last
summer. When this is gone, we will certainly do it again.
Carl Gogol - Manlius, NY
Tasty grazing in the Oran valley of Central NY
AC D14, 914H
JD 5320 MFWD
Kubota F-2400, B7300HST
Simplicity 7116H, 3112H