[AT] price of beef

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 24 05:07:18 PST 2008

Hi Ralph,

I sent a reply last night, but it seems lost somewhere.  Years back when I had four kids in the house, I would buy a side of beef at a time from a local slaughterhouse and have it cut, wrapped and frozen.  Even though the finished weight was less than the hanging weight  purchased, it was less than store beef and better quality.  We would use it up well within the freezer shelf life.  Now with only the two of us, that side of beef would last for years if it could be kept.  We do not handle beef very well and do not have it often.  We usually buy a nice porterhouse two or three times a year and share it, just for the flavor after it is grilled.

Having said all of the above, I am still drawn to the meat cooler when in the store to look over the cuts and prices.  It seems to be the same draw as puppies in a pet store, or rust on an old tractor.  (grin)

Charlie