[AT] quiet list(wheat prices)

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Fri Feb 22 06:56:15 PST 2008

--On Friday, February 22, 2008 7:14 AM -0800 Richard Fink Sr
<nancydick at pennswoods.net> wrote:

> Ralf and others on this ethanol fling. Thay are building a plant to
> turn it to fuel[corn] not to far from me.[ Clearfield] 20-30 miles it
> is in the high millions to build and really out in the country. From
> what little i have read on this stuff it can't be piped must be
> hauled in special trailers. Don't make much sense to me unless they
> build a oil  processing plant near it.
> But it is not what we think or know it is what gov says will work?
> R Fink

	They are building a new double facility about 30 miles east of me on
Indiana 44 between Rushville and Connersville. It is to be a huge ethanol
plant next door to a giant dairy. We have almost no dairy production in
this area now. The dairy is to feed the by-product grain (I'm not sure if
it is classed as DDG or not) and the manure from the dairy will be used to
produce methane gas which is to provide almost all of the power needs of
the ethanol plant and the dairy both. That is the word... We shall see the
actual result in a couple of years...   :-)   I was told that they will
start with 20,000+ cows and increase to 50,000 over time. Sounds like a lot
of "manure"... We don't even get that much out of our state government...
:-)

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson