[AT] Backhoe use question?

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Sat Feb 16 14:53:05 PST 2008

I have been looking for a used backhoe but have never used one.  I notice
that many machines will swing the boom 180 degrees, but many (noteably the
Chinese built) will only swing 140 degrees.  How serious a limitation is
this reduced swing?  Obviously, one can set the tractor at an angle to
compenstate in some instances, but how significant is this deficiency?  In
what situations might we strongly curse if we have only 140 degrees of
swing?
Carl Gogol - Manlius, NY
Tasty grazing in the Oran valley of Central NY
AC D14, 914H
JD 5320 MFD
Kubota F-2400, B7300HST
Simplicity 7116H, 3112H