[AT] Tempe gauge> pressure wash

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 18:18:42 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 8:08 PM,  <oldiron62 at gmail.com> wrote:
>  Roy,  Be careful with that pressure washer. You can push the gaskets with
> to much pressure, giving you lots of new leaks. And then whenever you use it
> the dust will latch onto every greasy spot. Wont much bother the head
> gasket, but oilpan and valve cover, trans gaskets dont like the pressure
> washer.
> I been there, its another JOB or 3. And some of them are hard to replace
> unless your going into it anyways.
> Hope everyone had a big time and a Merry Christmas.
> Kevin Mosier
==========================

That is right Kevin... When I use one I'm very careful about angle of
attack especially around seals etc. I respect the damage they can do
enough that my rental leases have always had a clause forbidding a
renter from ever pressure washing a house of mine. I have seen
inexperienced guys rip the siding half way off of a house using one
wrong. A neighbor of mine decided to pressure wash a shop building
before painting it. Not one to always know when to quit he washed it
so hard that by the time he got done that nice grooved pine siding was
shaggier than the winter hair coat on the horses. The half dozen coats
of paint it finally soaked into all that fuzz didn't look very nice
and they finally put painted steel siding over it.

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)