[AT] Tractor hauler product needed, probably doesn't exist

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Dec 20 06:41:43 PST 2008

Farmer:
No use anymore trying to start up a new product.  Unless you can
guarantee an entire shipping container full from China, than it won't be
manufactured in the USA....   I havfe found this out the hard way with
older engines I try to rebuild.  I have hit a brick wall with a QXLD5
hercules..   One piston broke after a re ring job and I have to buy an
entire set of pistons.  I have $1500 in this generator and anothe $500
in parts and it is about to go to the scrapyard because I am so
disgusted with trying to repair it.  It is the unit from hell!
definitely.  I have spent nearly 40 hours researching piston suppliers
on the net and in the old catalogs I have.  Federal Mogul bought out all
the suppliers years ago. and no ne is left in the US....

A young friend is traveling to France with an engineering group to look
at the JD factory in France as there is nothing to look at in the US...

The US gov't is going to  ail out the Big three so that they can send
more money overseas through Federal Mogul, their largest supplier of
parts....

I have had enough and am ready to sell out.  I spend so much time
hunting parts that I can never get anything done....

Cecil in OKla