[AT] OT: Crosley engines (was Re: MF 1135 (MF 150 engine)

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 17 09:19:16 PST 2008

>> George Willer wrote:
>> The Crosley was very unique engine and easily identified.  It was muffle
>> brazed from pressed steel components.  It had a shaft driven, bevel geared
>> overhead cam.  It was too far ahead of its time, before modern anti-freeze
>> and suffered from severe corrosion.
>>
>> George Willer
=====================================

That would have been a good application for some stainless steel. I
guess if you wanted to rebuild one that way you could tear down a
White Castle and have enough for a bunch of them...
;-)
My maternal grandfather was a tool-maker for IHC in Indy during the
1940's, 1950's and early 1960's. He loved Stainless steel and made all
sorts of stuff out of it including the hasp for his front gate. I
still have a 2+ gallon bucket he made for my mother to keep iced tea
in. It sat on the table all summer with tea and a dipper (also
stainless) and a towel was kept over it to keep flies out. The freezer
had a big roaster pan that we kept full of ice and that tea bucket was
always busy...

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)