[AT] MF 1135/

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Fri Dec 12 21:17:18 PST 2008

when it comes to  Massey Ferguson's  I  could be  called  a  know it all I
guess.    I grew up   visiting the  MF dealership  at least one time a week from
the  time I was  7 or 8 till  that  dealership closed in  1981.   I've driven
 most every model and   WE have  owned -  rented or  Barrowed  almost every
thing  else.

THE  v8 engines   were never a problem  in anything  that  Massey used.   The
perkins 372 was the engine with  a  few minor problems  (it was a combine
engine)    the   new  6.6L perkins in the  3660--- it had missmatched  sleave and
 pistons-- and caused massive oil use..

The  1135  came from the factory  as   a   118hp  pto  tractor  ( we had  the
second one that was  shipped to terre haute--- Dad ordered it special  so I
could be in a cab  when I was working)    I used the multPower just like I did
the  TA on our 1586 IH   and  the  TA went out  6times  in  8yrs of owner
ship...  We never have lost  1  MultiPOWER   EVER!

I  think  a  good  1066   would be  nice---  they probably do  drive better
and  LIke  mentioned earlier about the  freezing up of the   internal   valve
on the 3pt... yes  that  was a problem.

$8k  is  high for  it...
To say RUN away..  NO   they are no worse than those   AC's at the same time
frame.
Most of  the Massey's  problems  were  from    Sabatoge  at the factory---
like mentioned earlier  that  missing   snap ring,   we had an o-ring that was
put in  backward on one tractor,   we had  one that  had  parts  missing  and
loose., one pto drive shaft that  was  2inches to short,       if you read the
History  of the times   the  Factory that MF used was having MASSIVE  LABOR
Strife..   and  they were abit behind in Engineering as well.

I to dont like  the  285---1085   for quality--- (we  have had 2  285's)
I cant say  I can totally defend  MF  but  in my   opinion  the 1135  was one
of their better  machines  WHEN  MAINTAINED BY THE OWNER...

we've owned   a  MF 35,  135, 245, 2 -285s,  2-1135's, 3-1155's, 2- 2705's,
2745, 3-2805's, 4840, 3545,  3650, 3660,3680, 3690, 2-8160s, 2-8480's (these
AGCO's   I  have problems with)

I wouldn't  RUN away from a  1135..   just  like a  4430 a little better :)

In a message dated 12/12/2008 12:07:08 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,