[AT] MF 1135

Dan Folske dfolske at nccray.net
Sun Dec 14 08:17:57 PST 2008

We h.ad an 1130, then an 1155, then an 1800 4wd. The biggest complaint with
the 1130 and the 1155 was that they weren't very easy to shift. No problem
in the field but with a dozer on the front the shifting could be a bit of a
pain. Both were very economical and never had any major problems with either
one. The V-8 in the 1155 has a bad rep but I honestly think the problem is
just that they are more expensive to repair when they do go down. The ones I
have seen around didn't go down any more often than the Cases, JD's or IH's
of the era and size.

The 1800 had a 3160 Cat. Never had any engine problems with that one either.
We had trouble keeping the clutch and bushings on the driveshaft between the
engine and tranny in it until we changes the shaft. It apparently had a
slight bend in it.

The 1800 was our last Massey. We swithced to mostly IH about that time due
to dealer service which is what really makes the difference about what color
predominates in an area

Dan Folske
Bowbells, ND