[AT] MF 1135

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 14 07:05:19 PST 2008

Mark what you are saying about the 426 Allis engine isn't necessarily true.
There were some problems with that engine but a lot of them had to do with
people turning the screw up too high and getting way too much HP out of
them.  Some of those engines are turned up in excess of 200 HP.

You are right, if you have a bad problem in a 426 Allis there is a Cummins
replacement that is a better bargain and maybe a better engine from the get
go but that doesn't mean the 426 is bad.  There are thousands of them out
there runing in everything from D21's and 7010's and all the way through the
rest of the 7000 and 8000 series and in a lot of Gleaner combines.  Not to
mention a lot being run in pulling tractors.

Charlie