[AT] Profane propane prices; was Fuel prices

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 7 23:03:14 PST 2008

On Dec 7, 2008, at 10:48 PM, charliehill wrote:...
> Stay with the gaspack

I had to go find out what a gaspack is.  Near as I can figure out, it
runs on gas and both heats and cools the house.

> oil furnace.

That's what we have here.  This house came with a Hearthstone wood
stove. One of those with the soapstone in and on it, and without the
catalytic converter stuff inside.

> ...have/had a bunch of mature dogwood trees but some sort of blight
> has been
> killing them off so I'm thining the diseased ones out.  Dogwood is
> surprisingly good firewood.

There has been a blight among dogwood trees.  All but one had died at
our MD house when we moved out of it two years ago.  The wood is very
dense, and I'm not surprised it makes good firewood.  I presume that
osage orange (horse apple) would be, too, if only you could manage to
get it into stove length pieces!

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net