[AT] Profane propane prices; was Fuel prices

Easley, Greg EasleyG at health.missouri.edu
Mon Dec 8 07:02:53 PST 2008

Osage orange is excellent firewood.  Highest btu/cord of any wood
available in the Midwest.
It burns really hot, hot enough to warp a dry stove if you're not
careful, also throws off
a whole lot of sparks.  I'd use a little bit of it when I had indoor
stoves, but never more
than one stick at a time, and usually for the night fill when the stove
wasn't going to be
opened for eight to ten hours.  Now that I have the outdoor boiler I use
all the osage orange
I can get.

This document has a lot of good info, with a nice firewood comparison
chart.
http://www.ianrpubs.unl.edu/epublic/live/g1554/build/g1554.pdf

Greg
http://www.geocities.com/heartland/woods/1416