[AT] Profane propane prices; was Fuel prices

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 7 19:48:58 PST 2008

Al if it's an old house you don't want to put an electric heat pump in.
Stay with the gaspack  or go to a gas or oil FWA furnace.  Better yet, do
what I've done this winter and go back to the wood stove, backed up by the
oil furnace.  I try to keep enough fire in the stove to keep the furnace
from coming on during the day and early evening.  I let the fire die down at
night and let the furnace run during the night.  So far I'm running the wood
stove on trees that are dead or dying and needed to be cut anyway.  We
have/had a bunch of mature dogwood trees but some sort of blight has been
killing them off so I'm thining the diseased ones out.  Dogwood is
surprisingly good firewood.

Charlie

Charlie