[AT] somewhat OT--skid steer vs tractor for mowing

Skip Cleveland skipcleveland at bellsouth.net
Wed Aug 13 06:37:56 PDT 2008

We have some :-) houses in foreclosure around here and the young guy that
came and mowed the acre or so property next to our house said that he has a
customer base of at least 45 properties to take care of all the time. All
are in foreclosure and that is all that he does.
That's a small business compared to the properties that are not in trouble.
The average guy, with one mower, truck and trailer makes about $50,000 per
year, year round. More help and equipment and the money goes up. It's a hell
of a business.
Skip