[Farmall] New Here: Need Guidance Farmall Cub

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sun Aug 3 20:32:41 PDT 2008

> I have joined this list with a specific purpose -- to help my
> sister liquidate her husband's estate.
> ...The tractor has been restored. We think it's a 1946.

Hello, Debra.  I'd guess a restored Cub would be worth two to three thousand dollars, maybe a little more if it's a really nice one and the right buyer sees it.

You can watch eBay auctions (search for Farmall Cub) or check out the ads at www.tractorhouse.com (search for "Cub") or www.ytmag.com, to get a feel for what similar tractors might bring.  Watching the eBay auctions is especially good since you see the actual sale price.

If you want to try a print ad, I'd recommend a photo ad in Red Power Magazine, which caters specifically to International Harvester collectors.  Call them at 712-364-2131 or visit their website at http://www.redpowermagazine.com/.

If your area has Auto Trader or Equipment Trader or similar magazines for sale in the local 7-11s or QuickMarts or whatever, that might also be worth a try.  I haven't sold any tractors through those magazines but I bought one once, and they're a good way of reaching your local area market.

Hope that's of some help--

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net