[Farmall] New Here: Need Guidance Farmall Cub

Dean Vinson dean at vinsonfarm.net
Sun Aug 3 20:26:00 PDT 2008

> I have joined this list with a specific purpose -- to help my
> sister liquidate her husband's estate.
> ...The tractor has been restored. We think it's a 1946.

Hello, Debra.

As a guess I'd say a restored Cub would be worth two to three thousand dollars.  You can see a lot of them for sale on eBay (search for Farmall Cub) or at www.tractorhouse.com (search for "cub").

Lots of them sell via those websites, and via the photo ads at www.ytmag.com, and you could try that route.  Watching some of the eBay auctions would at least give you a feel for the selling price ranges.

If you'd rather try print advertising, I'd start with a photo ad in Red Power Magazine, which caters specifically to International Harvester collectors.  Call 712-364-2131 for information on placing an ad, or you may be able to contact them via their website at http://www.redpowermagazine.com.

If your area has Auto Trader or Equipment Trader magazines for sale in the local 7-11s or Quick Marts or whatever, that might also be worth a try.  I haven't sold any tractors that way but I've bought one or two, and they can be a good way to reach people in your general vicinity. With fuel costs high, transportation can end up being a big part of the cost of purchasing a tractor--so even if you advertise in the national magazine or on eBay or something, local buyers might be your best market.

Hope that's of some help--

Dean Vinson
Dayton, Ohio
www.vinsonfarm.net