[AT] Track loader update

Spencer - ATIS yostsw at atis.net
Mon Nov 12 19:35:52 PST 2007

Another first tonight - she fired on diesel.   Took some coaxing
though.   It wasn't air in the system because I got plenty of smoke.
It just took about a dozen tries before she would go.   Once again,
chalk it up to not running for 4 years.   I'll tell you what - I don't
know how the previous owner ever got it fired on starting fluid.   In
fact, I'll bet he told a pretty big story.   I doubt he ever got it running.

One bad note:    No bubbles in the coolant while on gas, but I got some
bubbles and foaming and overflow while on diesel.   I put the radiator
cap on, and then I let it run about 10 minutes on diesel at half
throttle while I tried the bucket and messed around with a few other
things.   The radiator cap held the pressure, as did the radiator,
etc.   So I am hoping this is just a very minor one-way (air into water)
head gasket leak and not something more serious.   Further running and
some inspections over the next few weeks will tell the tale.   I can
move the track loader now at the very least, which is the main reason  I
had to get this running.

Steering clutch repair is next!  Stayed tuned.

Spencer