[Ford-ferguson] Chippers for Ferguson TO-30

Dave ford8n at gwltd.com
Mon Mar 5 18:16:54 PST 2007

Personally, I save all my brush for a time in the fall to have friends
over for a nice fire on a cold fall night, don't forget beers and brats.

Seems to me that $1900.00 for a chipper is a lot, also how much would it
cost you once a year to rent one. Bet you could rent a chipper for lots
of years for $1900.00

Dave

ceppard at joplin.com wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Does anyone have any experience with PTO chippers?
>
>I know most people burn their brush and small limbs, but seem like ever
>time I find the time the wind is blowing 90 mph or the weather is so dry
>that they have a burning ban.
>
>I have been looking at the 6" Liberty Chipper on sale at $1,599 with $299
>nationwide shipping.
>
>http://libertychippers.com/
>
>It weights 800 lbs.  Is this too heavy for my old Ferguson TO-30?
>
>This seem like an unbelievable bargain compared to the $2,500 to $3,500
>local price at a couple of dealers here.  On the internet DR wants
>$1,784.15 for their 4.5" chipper and Northern Tool wants $1,749.99 for a
>Merry Mac 3.5".
>
>Anyone have any thoughts or experiences good or bad?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Clyde Eppard

73 de Dave W9WRL
www.w9wrl.com/w9wrl