[AT] Waste oil burner

Steve W. falcon at telenet.net
Mon Mar 5 12:56:16 PST 2007

The old waste Oil burner I had was a home built rig. It had a nice
prefilter set-up on it that got most of the crud out of the oil before
it hit the main storage tank. I used two toilet paper canister style
filters attached to the bottom of the incoming tank and let gravity pull
the oil through the filters. I also used to dump old diesel in there to
thin out the gear oils and such. I also know of one gent who uses a REAL
low tech system. He has two 55 gallon drums. One is the filtered oil and
the other is the raw oil. They are welded together with one almost above
the other. Then he draped three cotton ropes between them and lets
capillary action do the work.

--
Steve W.
Near Cooperstown, New York

Pacifism - The theory that if they'd fed
Jeffrey Dahmer enough human flesh,
he'd have become a vegan.