[AT] "Squatters" in the Corncrib (OT)

JParks jkparks at flash.net
Tue Jun 26 13:47:42 PDT 2007

I suspect that your two big collie dogs may be a part of the reason you
don't have some squatter cats too.  Food supply sounds plentiful, good
cover, but the dogs being present may be making it less than hospitable.  In
our neck-o-woods, the dumb cats become coyote bait.  The smart cats are the
ones that stay in the hay stacks and barns and take care of their little
niche in the food hierarchy.  When the population expands beyond what the
rodents will support, a few are kicked out or move on to take their chances
elsewhere.

John Parks
Boise, ID