[AT] Varmints and farming

Bob McNitt nysports at frontiernet.net
Tue Jul 24 14:03:53 PDT 2007

Thanks, Charlie. I used to do a lot (and still do some) predator hunting (calling) for fox and coyotes. I noted that whenever one was coming in upwind of me, I usually smelled it before I saw it ... a strong skunky odor. And the majority I shot smelled so strongly with the skunk odor that I knew they'd had run-ins with the fragrant critters. I guess they don't kill many, and I can understand why! On the other hand, great horned owls will often nail them. Of course, a bird's sense of smell is almost zero.

Bob