[AT] Varmints and farming

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Tue Jul 24 14:25:37 PDT 2007

Speaking of owls.  A big ole owl nearly got me once!  I have a piece of land
that slopes steeply down to a creek in one spot.  I was climbing up that
slope and comming up under the lower branches of a holly tree when all of a
sudden I heard limbs rattling and wind noises comming from directly above my
head.  I looked up and I was staring right into an owls butt about 3 feet
above my head and flying up and away from me.  I'm not sure if he saw the
top of my head and mistook my head for a critter or if maybe he was just up
on one of the holly tree limbs and I didn't see him.  Either way, those
sharp toes right above my head was not a pleasant sight.

Charlie