[AT] OT: Gas story

Larry Mason lcmason at uslink.net
Sun Jul 8 06:13:52 PDT 2007

Your experts are probably just saying as an average as opposed to being true
everywhere. Here in Northern Minnesota, the frost line has occasionally
gotten down to 8 to 12 feet. This means the ground at this depth is frozen
(below 32 deg). I'm sure the opposite applies in southern areas and the
ground temp is warmer than 55 deg at 4 foot depth. The statement is kind of
like the drowning actuary stating that this isn't right because the average
depth of the river is 2 feet. ;>)
Larry Mason
Hackensack MN