[AT] HD6G

Kevin ironman1962 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 30 04:32:19 PST 2007

  Nice machine Will,  That there will move some dirt or anything else.
Thanks for posting the pictures.
ironman
Kevin

I too am always looking for alternative methods, especially those that are inexpensive yet effective... My Allis Chalmers HD6G came with a home made exhaust manifold and muffler. Its a 4 inch diameter pipe with diamond plate welded on the ends. The previous owner did a decent job. When I got the dozer it was sooo loud... I thought I would go stock to bring the noise down and found that a muffler for that dozer was in the hundreds. At about the same time CT Farm and Country in my town was going out of business, they had a whole shelf full of mufflers... I bought a large one for about $10.00 and bolted it to the top of the homemade manifold... Works great, saved me hundreds of $$$$$.

Here's a pic where you can make out the home made manifold.

http://cyclerestorer.com/williampowell/redbug/images/hd6g/hd6gnewright.jpg

Then one with the muffler from CT Farm and country...

http://cyclerestorer.com/williampowell/redbug/images/hd6g/paintedhd6gleft.jpg

Will