[AT] Hole in exhaust manifold....

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Jan 28 18:11:20 PST 2007

	Let me toss in another possibility depending on where the hole is. If it is
in an accessible enough place consider getting a cup type freeze plug and
grinding the flange down so that it makes a tight fit to the manifold over
the hole. Then put the chosen goop in it and clamp it over the hole. A
stainless screw clamp might work best in some spots. If the back is open in
that area maybe use a dime-store "C" to hold it in place. It all depends on
what spot it is in. If the manifold is near full thick near the hole
(common) you can maybe cut a steel patch that you can attach with a couple
of holes drilled and tapped into the solid part of the manifold. The patch
could have tabs or maybe just a piece of strap iron as a hold down clamp.
Put it on with what ever goop you choose. Of course you already know that it
is temporary but sometimes it helps to buy a little time.

--
"farmer"
Proud owner of several cordless hatchets and a large collection of

"Axe me no questions and I'll tell you no lies"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net