[AT] O/T weather out west

captneb captneb at agristar.net
Fri Jan 12 08:45:44 PST 2007

Charlie...

I have a log cabin here down by the river with no power and when I'm down
there and it goes out, I don't notice.  But man, do we get to relying on
that stuff when we expect it to be there!  I stopped out on the road a
couple days after New Year and walked across a ditch to thanks some linemen
working in the cold and wind.  I could see it on their faces...jeez, here
comes another whiner to yell at us because he doesn't have power yet.  And I
guess they had their share of it.  But I wanted to thank them for being out
there in the cold and wind, up on an ice covered pole, and having worked all
night long to get whatever power back on line they could.  Same with our
mail folks...  I couldn't believe it when Elaine came sliding into the yard
with our mail when it didn't seem to me anyone could possibly be moving
anywhere.