[AT] Cat 50

Terry Welch terry1955 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 12 17:35:33 PST 2007

Joe the 50 is worth saving. The under tracks, rollers and spockets can be a expense. There used to be a 50 setting in a shed next to my storage area. The former owner bought it from a antique collector in the area. He owned it since the mid 1930s. It is now owned by Bob Stewart. I would say get it. Call Alan Smith in ILL he will tell you a lot about it. He might even have some parts. Al has a real nice Diesel 35 and 40. Joe you need to get it going and bring it to our play day in June. Contact me off list and I will send you Al's phone #. Tell him I told you to call him.
  Terry Welch
  terry1955 at sbcglobal.net

jahaze at aol.com wrote:
  My brother-in-law has the chance to haul away a cat 50 with a cable opperated blade and rear winch. It has a gas engine that still turns over, but hasn't been started in 15 years. He was wondering if it was worth hauling away, and I old him if he decides against it, I'd figure out a way to bring it to my house because I never have enough heavy iron around the place. Anyway, it's serial number 5A26. I saw one list where they started at serial number 5A01 in 1931, could this be the 26th one built? If so that would make it a 1931, I also assume it's worth trying to save this one from the torch? FWIW, the crawler is in central Michigan.

Enjoy, Joe