[AT] Canola to diesel

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Mon Feb 5 09:32:59 PST 2007

Tom,
   The statement was that that Benz isn't a true Diesel. If you're
happy with it, sure, call it a diesel. The point is only really
important to the patent lawyers and folks that want to have the
correct terminology. George is a purist, and he's technically correct.
If you're not interested in the details, just drive it and be happy.
I'm trying to help educate, not argue. The engine is closer to a Field
Marshall design than a Cummins, but they both run, and certainly beat
walking!

If you want to discuss this further, send me something off-list. I'll
quite happily try and explain it to the best of my (limited) ability.
It's certainly not worth arguing (or fighting) over; in any case it's
related to old engines and it's interesting to me as a result. I like
airplanes too. Did you know there were Diesel-powered aircraft in
passenger service for a while?

Cheers!

Ken in AZ

(supposed to get to 78 today)