[AT] Canola to diesel

Phil Vorwerk - Printwear Graphics pvorwerk at newulmtel.net
Mon Feb 5 08:36:05 PST 2007

Well put.

-----Original Message-----
From: at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
[mailto:at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of charlie hill
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2007 6:55 AM
To: Antique tractor email discussion group
Subject: Re: [AT] Canola to diesel

Tom,  the Diesel engine (large D) was designed by a man named Diesel who had

a patent on it.  There are other engine designs that burn fuel oil but they
aren't true Diesels unless they are designed according to the Diesel patent.

I don't know enough to explain it but it has to do with how the fuel oil is
injected, pre-heated and fired.  diesel (small d) has become a generic term
for all fuel oil burning engines in the same way that some folks used to
call any refrigerator a Frigidair.

Charlie