[AT] Hey Ralph, SHUT THE DANG GATE!!!

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 2 13:01:05 PST 2007

Francis Robinson wrote:
> 	It's going to be below zero here... Not a normal February temperature for
> us. Please shut the gate and keep that stuff up north.   ;-)   The older I
> get the less I like cold weather. Or hot weather. Or...   ;-)
> 	Is it spring yet???

Farmer I can agree with you 100% as my "comfort zone" seems to get
narrower as the years go by.
After a morning of fighting with iced up cattle troughs, frozen water
hoses and complaining cattle I am about ready to go underground myself.
Wind chill factors in the -40 range are just not fit for man nor beast
to be out in.
Oh yes, its "groundhog day" too. Not that it ever caught on here much
since we know quite well that if we only get six weeks more winter at
this point we will be lucky. Besides , no sensible groundhog would dare
stick his head out of the frozen ground here on a day like this to see
his shadow.
Had to smile about the comments on the Amish hoping the ice would be
thick enough to cut blocks. Hmmm. maybe I could start a sideline
business shipping blocks of ice south? :-)

Ralph in Sask.