[Farmall] broken easy out

Paul Sigmund pwsigmund at verizon.net
Fri Dec 28 13:55:36 PST 2007

This has been a most useful thread.  The one thing I have struggled with is
locating the center of the broken shaft with a center punch prior to
drilling, particularly if the break is irregular and below the surface.
Anything less than right on prevents getting most of the broken part out
with bits approaching the original threads.  Any suggestions how to flatten
the break without further deteriorating the hole and exposed threads?