[Farmall] broken easy out

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Thu Dec 27 18:25:26 PST 2007

When this happens to one of our customers we tell them to STOP trying and
bring the part to us. We would set it up in a mill and use a carbide end
mill to get it out. If you want to try drilling by hand, go buy some carbide
masonry drills. Anything else will be softer than the ease out. Good Luck.

FWIW, ease-outs are one thing I rarely use unless the bolt was sheared off.
If it is rusted in place so tightly that it twisted in half, an ease-out
will not normally be of any benefit to you. I normally grind the bolt
smooth, center drill it, then drill it out.

John Hall