[AT] Spam> Favorite tractor?

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sat Dec 22 15:53:06 PST 2007

My favorite has always been the 930 Case Diesel.  I used to drive one as
a kid that we borrowed from a neighbor who had a job with the USDA.  He
always had the sorriest corrals but the best tractor and would let us
borrow it since we always had to help him with his cattle.  For a 10
year old kid, it was a monster.  It still has more power on the drawbar
than most of the larger ones we have.  I use it a lot on a hydraulic
earthmover.  It has a hydraulic problem lately, Dad would not pay
attention to the hydraulic lever and ran for 2 hours with it locked in
the down detent position, now you have to rev it up to get it to raise
the disc with a 4 inch cylinder.  It used to raise up at idle.  I use it
a lot on the land leveler because it has so much power and I can depend
on it to stay stable on some really steep slopes.  If it had not been so
stable I would have turned it over many times with that earthmover.  I
have pulled out of a borrow pit digging shale many times with the front
wheels 2 ft in the air and they just sort of settle down..

Cecil in OKla