[AT] Allis C doesn't charge.

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sat Dec 22 04:38:48 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Rotigel" <rotigel at alltel.net>

> Clean the ground, or put a second one on (lets NOT start that
> discussion again!) and things will be FINE!
> Dave

    Hi Dave:

    I'm hardly a newbie to this stuff and no one is more known for checking
grounds than I am. The main battery to frame ground has been replaced
completely a number of times. The starter ground has been cleaned more times
than a germophobic farmer hauling manure... It isn't that I can't fix it and
have it working. Its that if I do it will not keep working long term (years
and years) like my other tractors do. Most of my tractors I have owned for
25 or 30 years and used them daily to farm with. I'm beginning to suspect
that this Allis might have been zapped with a alien death ray or maybe sat
in a cemetery overnight too many times or maybe got hit by lightning and
didn't have a ground rod...   ;-)   ;-)
    Its not a matter of fixing it, its a matter of fixing it, then fixing
it, then fixing it... I only want to fix it one more time so I may do the 12
volt with alternator conversion bit this time.

--
"farmer"

Our wretched species is so made that those who walk on the
well-trodden path always throw stones at those who are
showing a new road.  ~Voltaire

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA
robinson at svs.net