[AT] grounds

carl gogol cgogol at twcny.rr.com
Tue Dec 18 17:20:05 PST 2007

I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but the current practice connection
to subpanels is 4 wire.  When my barn was wired about 5 years ago, the
original feed  from the power-line to the first panel box is three wire and
a two rod ground network just outside of the house is connected in the panel
box..  The feed from there to the subpanel in the basement is 4 wire (two
hot, a neutral and one connected to the ground network).  Then the added
feed from that subpanel (and any subsequent subpanel) is also 4 wire.  Maybe
this is the reason additional attachments to earth ground at subpanels are
not desired / required.

Carl Gogol
Manlius, NY
AC One Seventy diesel