[AT] oil change

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 8 09:43:15 PST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dudley Rupert" <drupert at premier1.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 1:36 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] oil change
Ralph,
> I just wanted to make sure I understand what you're saying above.  When
> you
> say you get frost on the outside of the intake manifold on a high humidity
> morning do you mean after you've run the tractor for a bit first?

Thats right Dudley. After a few minutes of idling after a cold start up the
frost will appear on the outside of the manifold. Right above the carburetor
flange. This will be accompanied by a gradual slowing down of the engine.
Black smoke will begin to appear at the exhaust and the engine will in some
cases stall out just as if the choke is on. As I mentioned before, the cure
is to shut down and let the heat from the engine warm the manifold and melt
the ice. After that it is usually fine for the rest of the day.

Ralph in Sask.