[Steam-engine] Steam without wheels

Richard Strobel Richard_Strobel7 at msn.com
Mon Aug 27 05:31:29 PDT 2007

> Rick
>
> Nope! A steam hammer is just that. It is used for forging steel and other
> metals. You may have seen small power hammers in your local blacksmith
> shop.
> Little Giant was a major manufacturer. As far as I know they were built in
> 25 Lb, 50 Lb, 100 Lb and larger sizes. My son has a 100 Lb and his friend
> who is our lead blacksmith at Lynden, has a 50 Lb hammer. > and filled it
> with crisscrossed railroad ties, topped with concrete to hold
> the anvil. The anvil sits in a ring at the base of the hammer. Our little
> hammer at Lynden is in one piece. I don't know where the demarcation is.
> Most of the modern air hammers I have seen are one piece units.

  Ok Francis..gotcha on the trip vs. pile driver.  Thanks for clearing that
up.  We are always looking for a small trip hammer but as you know they are
way out of my league.

  No exhaust head on our VFT.  Exhaust is piped to the stack minus the
proper nozzle which we need to research.

  I do not know what an exhaust head is.

  Regards,
RickinMt.