[Farmall] retro fitting 3pth

jimrohr at att.net jimrohr at att.net
Fri Aug 24 15:22:35 PDT 2007

Measure off the geometry from another hitch of same size and than make sure your center of pull effort is below the rear axle by 4-6 inches minimum. This will keep the tow from having a negative lever on the main axle (meaning the tow would pull to the rear above the axle, not below). Flipping backward is a real concern if you hang up the tow. As long as the tow pull center is under the rear axle you will likely not flip over backward.  I have a homemade and it works fine on my SH.

Jim

-------------- Original message from "Lisa Kelley" <pippi-longstocking- at hotmail.com>: --------------