[AT] Gas In Oil/OT

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 11 04:55:03 PDT 2007

I drained more than 9 quarts of oil/gas from a 305 chevvy with a 5 quart
capacity (with filter) one time.  I purchased a 1983 9 passenger wagon from
a man in our area.  His grandson drove it up from Va. for Grandpa to sell
for him.  After it was in our humid late fall weather for a week or two, it
would no longer start and was verrrry flooded from all of their attempts to
get it running.  After I towed it home I found the worst spark plug wires I
have ever seen.  Insulation completely gone in many areas.  After a good
tune with plugs, wires, cap and rotor and an oil change the car ran fine for
several years.  When I found all that gas in the crank case, I was a little
afraid it might blow up in my garage.  I actually quit smoking for a few
minutes.

Charlie V. in WNY