[AT] skidding logs with a tractor is a dangerous business

John Hall jthall at worldnet.att.net
Wed Aug 8 14:00:26 PDT 2007

 We've got a boom for our 4020--it was actually built in the 60's for a
3010. Never had any problems skidding logs/trees but we tend to drive with
the knowledge that wheel stands are inevitable. We generally keep one hand
on the lift so when one starts we can drop the log. Maneuvering in the woods
where snag possiblities are greater require quite a bit of patience as well.

 All this sounds good, but in the blink of an eye a seemingly safe situation
can go bad.

John Hall