[Farmall] [AT] Oily brakes, Farmall M

birddog cvill at frontiernet.net
Fri Apr 20 06:31:04 PDT 2007

Works for me, Mike, except I have never done the propane torch thing.
Actually, in this day I give the linings a final rinse "or complete
cleaning" with spray brake parts cleaner.  It dries in a few minutes and
probably washes away any oily residue that other solvents may have left
behind.  On todays automotive disc brake pads, I do not even leave
finger prints on them.  After final rinse, I am careful not to touch the
lined surface during assembly or re rinse after final assembly.  I have
saved a number of compromised automotive brake sets by doing this, and
adhere to the "cleanliness is the best deal" even when installing new.

Charlie V in  S U N N Y WNY
Around here we are like woodchucks just out of hibernation.  Not used to
that bright yellow glow.