[AT] Oily brakes, Farmall M

Mike Sloane mikesloane at verizon.net
Fri Apr 20 04:14:09 PDT 2007

If it were me, I would jack up the tractor on the side you need to work
on. I think you can get it up reasonably high (without danger of
tipping) and not have (much) fluid run out. Worst case you would have to
drain some of you new fluid in to a clean container and put it back in
after you are done.

As far as the brake bands, I have had pretty good luck with just
washing/scrubbing them with solvent (gasoline or kerosene), letting them
dry, and then just warming them up with a propane torch to drive off
anything that is left.

That is what I would do, but it might not meet everyone else's standards
of mechanical excellence.

Mike